Santa Barbara Turkish Festival

Thanks to our friend, Murvet, Citara's products were sold at the Santa Barbara Turkish Festival last weekend. Nearly 1,000 people attended the festival and enjoyed Turkish food, folk dancing, music, belly-dancing, and authentic Turkish products.

Murvet & Friend at their booth

What strikes me as I watch this video of the festival is how small the world is. There in California are Turkish immigrants and Turkish-Americans with Turkish heritage, rejoicing in their traditions. And here I am, an American immigrant from California sitting in our apartment in Turkey working on a project that seeks to connect people through this very thing. It gives me great joy to see it all coming together.

Thank you Murvet for this opportunity. I appreciate all your efforts on our behalf.

No comments: